ICFMH FoodMicro Travel Grants
The ICFMH is offering a limited number of grants for food microbiologists from the least developed/most indebted/lowest income countries for attendance at the International Conference of the ICFMH (FoodMicro).
• Not older than 40 years
• registered for a higher degree (MSc, PhD or equivalent) or have obtained their PhD degree within the last 5 years by the deadline of the application.
• should have submitted an abstract for the FoodMicro Conference 2018
• We will also consider applications from postgraduate students studying outside their own country
You can see the full terms and conditions here.
The application will be open until April 9th, 2018. Please submit your application for the Travel Grant via the ICFMH website.
The application form is completed on-line and shall be accompanied by the following documents, all written in English:
• a short curriculum vitae (CV, max 3 pages)
• a copy of the abstract submitted for a poster or oral presentation to the FoodMicro Conference;
• a signed statement from the immediate supervisor, countersigned by the Head of Department to confirm that he/she is a postgraduate student, and that the work reported in the abstract has been carried out entirely or principally by the candidate.
• an estimate of the cost of return (air or rail) travel to the Conference.
All documents described above should be combined in a unique pdf file (maximum of 3 MB) to be uploaded to the online application system.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee consisting of members of the ICFMH executive board and FoodMicro organisers. Applicants will be informed of the disposition of their application before the deadline for the FoodMicro early registration deadline (May 31st, 2018) by email message from the ICFMH.
More guidelines, terms and condition can be found here.